1) Cash or check payment
· Movies: 7 days
· New books/audiobooks and all magazines: 2 weeks
· Non-new books/audiobooks, music CDs, Kindles: 4 weeks
· Interlibrary Loans: Due dates vary with the policy of the lending library
· Reference materials, newspapers, and the most current issue of a magazine title are non-circulating.
All items owned by Aurora Public Library may be renewed one time unless they are on hold for another patron or are severely overdue. Renewals may be obtained in person, by phone, or online.
LATE OR LOST FEES
· Aurora Public Library Kindles: $5/day
· All other items belonging to the Aurora Public Library: $.25/day
· Lost or damaged materials belong to the Aurora Public Library: cost of replacement
· Items belonging to another library: rate of lending library
Library cards with less than $10.00 in fines and fewer than 10 items overdue are considered to be in good standing, and cardholders have full access to library materials. Patrons whose fines and fees exceed $10.00 or who have more than 10 items overdue will be denied computer and check-out privileges until the fines and fees are resolved to below $10.00 and/or the late materials returned.
RESOLVING BLOCKED ACCOUNTS
If your account is blocked please talk to library staff. If the block is a late fee or replacement charge on an item belonging to the Aurora Public Library, there may be several options for resolving it:
2) Donating used books/movies in excellent condition (Librarian will determine value based on condition and need for or salability of the item)
4) Children may have the option of "reading off" fines on items belonging to the Aurora Public Library.
Late fees and replacement charges on items belonging to other libraries must be paid for with cash or check, or resolved with the owning library.